Thursday, December 31, 2015

Diary Entry #0050: Best 15 of 2015

We've reached the last day of the year again and it's time for listing the bests of 2015. For a bookworm like me, I think 2015 has been really great because I read a lot of 5-star worthy books. Last year, I posted my Best 14 of 2014. Listing the top 14 books out of the 190+ I read was hard, trust me. This year, I read 170 books (excluding those I re-read) and one might think it will be easier to pick my top reads with, err...fewer choices, but it's not. It was just as hard!

So, like last year, I listed down (in no particular order) all the books I gave 5 stars to and I tried to narrow it down to 15. If you haven't read some of the books in this list, I hope you trust me enough to check them out and give them all a try.

20443207
The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
by Marie Rutkoski 

Full of lies, treachery and deceit, The Winner's Crime kept me at the edge of my seat throughout the book. It didn't have the...curse that most 2md-book-in-a-series get where the plot dies down, no. This book was thrilling and set a perfect precedent for what will surely be a mind-blowing finale.
Read my review here.

17571215

Things We Know By Heart
by Jessi Kirby

Things We Know By Heart is achingly sweet, hopeful and heartbreaking. It has the perfect blend of familial and romantic love and left me believing in fate stronger than ever. Sometimes, when you read a book you just know in your heart that you're going to remember it forever. This book is one of those.
Read my review here.

22529162

An Ember In The Ashes (An Ember In The Ashes, #1)
by Sabaa Tahir

Rich characters plus a terrific world-building plus an action-packed plot made sure that this book lived up to the hype and one that readers like myself wouldn’t forget for a long, long time.
Read my review here.

15814564

First Comes Love (First Comes Love, #1)
by Katie Kacvinsky

This book blew me away. The plot wasn't complex but the characters and how they were portrayed made this book (and the rest of the series) something that someone like me, who is a sucker for romance, can't overlook. Read it, read it, read it.

21411062

Broken Juliet (Star-crossed, #2)
by Leisa Rayven

Broken Juliet took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Leisa Rayven was able to weave a great love story of two very passionate people in such an intricate way. Heart-stopping, breathtaking, and just plain beautiful, this book definitely deserved to be one the top 2015 books I've read.
Read my review here.

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
by Sarah J. Maas

Sarah J, Maas blew me away with her writing prowess when I read this book. The characters, the setting, the plot—all of it came together perfectly and the end just left me wanting more from these characters.
Read my review here.

22291640

I Remember You
by Cathleen Davitt Bell

I don't really have words to describe how beautiful the experience of reading this book was, other than "amazing". It's very unique (at least for me) and it's probably one of the best Young Adult books I've read in forever. I'm serious when I say that you should definitely check this book out.
Read my short review here.

18798983

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
by Renee Ahdieh

Inspired by A Thousand and One Nights, this book is perfect for those who loves a thrilling romance and are advocating diversity in the YA book community. The storytelling is rich and lyrical and I should keep this short and simple so just please, read it if you haven't yet.
Read my review here.

The Sea of Tranquility

The Sea of Tranquility
by Katja Millay

This is one of those books that really left me mind-blown. It also left a mark in my heart because, like I said in my review, this book was terribly beautiful. If you haven't had the chance to check it out, you should now. Prepare for the last two words!!!
Read my review here.

23264731

Art & Soul
by Brittainy C. Cherry

I adored Art & Soul. With a witty title, eye-catching cover, an intriguing blurb and those rave reviews, I just knew I had to read it. When I finally did, well...what’s not to love?
Read my review here.

18692431

Everything, Everything
by Nicola Yoon

Probably one of the sweetest (but not annoying) Young Adult Contemporary books I've ever read, Everything, Everything was quite literally, everything I was looking for in a book from this particular genre. Such a positive book despite dire circumstances, this debut novel from Nicola Yoon endeared me to no end.
Read my review here.

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
by Patrick Ness

This book was the first Patrick Ness book I've ever read and has the honor of being the first (and only, so far) Middle Grade book that made me cry. I didn't expect to love this book because I'm more of a romance kind of girl but this book didn't even have a romantic aspect and the characters were 14-year-olds but, goodness, I loved it.
Read my review here.

22926485
 
Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)
by Emma Chase

I'm sure Emma Chase fans, both old and new, loved this book like I did. Emma's back with her excellent storytelling in the male POV and Jake Becker is a real sweetheart who pulled me in and didn't let me go. Books like these are the reason why I read New Adult.
Read my review here.

21893905

The War of Gods (Welcome to the Underworld, #3)
by Con Template

This book was the best in the whole Welcome to the Underworld series. The perfectly injected action sequences in between all the swoon-worthy romance and witty banter made this book worthy of 5 stars for me. Honestly, I didn't expect to like this series but guys, whatever prejudice you have against Koreans and gangs, throw them out the window and give this book, this series, a chance. You won't regret it...okay maybe you will when you reach the end and it breaks your heart *evil laugh*

25111004

November 9
by Colleen Hoover

Plot twist here, plot twist there, plot twist everywhere! Colleen Hoover proved that she's really one of the best romance novelists today with this book. She took me to some unexpected places here in this book and it's definitely in my top 3 faves from Colleen.
Read my review here.

~~~

And there you have it. My Best 15 of 2015! Like I said, it was really hard to choose just 15 books so here, I compiled a list of some of my other 5-star reads this year and you may want to check them out, too!

New Adult

Eyes Turned Skyward by Rebecca Yarros
Boomerang by Noelle August
Dark, Wild Night by Christina Lauren
Imaginary Lines by Allison Parr
Kissing Madeleine by Lex Martin
With A Twist by Staci Hart
Four Seconds to Lose by K.A. Tucker
Capture by Penny Reid

Young Adult

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley Doyle

I would really, absolutely love to hear your thoughts about my list. Do you agree that these books are awesomesauce or were there some books here that you didn't like? Did you get intrigued by a book listed here that you haven't read before and are you planning to check it out? What are your top reads this year? Let me know in the comments! 

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment